St. Canice's cathedral in Kilkenny Town remains one of the finest in Ireland. It was built in 1280 on the site of the original monastery. The tall round tower still remains and for a small fee, a visitor can climb to the top. The monks built the tower as a place for refuge. The original of our design stands in the Cathedral churchyard. It is not one of the very ancient cross monuments, but from a later period. Its simplicity of design is very appealing. The ivy that wraps around the cross is a symbol of everlasting life, for the ivy forever stays green.
10.5" x 4.75" : Cast Stone, Celtic Art Collection, Made in the U.S.A.
The Premier and Trusted Museum Store Company for Ancient Art,
Artifacts of Antiquity, Historic Museum Jewelry Reproductions, Museum Reproductions, Art History Replicas,
Archaeology & Museum Gifts.
Own a Piece of
History...Give a Piece of History(tm) - Established 1997
All purchases subject to the notices, policies, terms and conditions listed
in "About Us". Item
descriptions are entirely informational without any claim to
origin or manufacture. None of our products are Indian made or an Indian product under U.S.C.305et.seq. Not responsible for errors/omissions. Items are
for decorative use only. WARNING: Toys, games, and other items may
contain small parts which pose a choking hazard and are not for
children under 3. Adult supervision is recommended for all of our
items. All brand related trademarks are licensed trademarks of Museum Store Company and Arden Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved