Compass Rose Brooch/Pendant - Museum Shop Collection
From the collection of the Peabody Essex Museum
Certain traditional motifs constantly recur in the design and decoration of navigational instruments, such as the fleur-de-lis of the compass rose. Samuel Emery (1787-1882) was Salem, Massachusetts foremost navigational instrument dealer between 1809 and 1868. Aside from selling these instruments, he also made compasses. The Peabody Essex Museum has the original copper plate that Samuel Emery used for printing his compass rose.
Proceeds from the sale of this product support the Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Massachusetts.
Materials: Pewter with antique gold finish. Bail on the back to wear as pendant. 32" faux leather cord included.
Diameter 1 3/4"
Made in the U.S.A.