This cross design is adapted from a Bishop's Cross in the Germanisches Museum in Nuremberg, Germany. Nuremberg, the region of Bavaria is situated on the Pegnitz River. The earliest records of the town date from 1050 when it was a trading settlement. From 1219 Nuremberg, a free town of the Holy Roman Empire and was an important center of craft and commerce. During the 15th and 16th centuries, it became one of the cultural centers of Europe with many artists, craftsmen and intellectuals. The area that is now known as Bavaria was inhabited in early times by Celts and Romans. The German Baiovarii, which gave the territory its name, arrived here during the 5th and 6th centuries.
5.5" x 4" : Cast Stone, Celtic Art Collection, Made in the U.S.A.
The Premier and Trusted Museum Store Company for Ancient Art,
Artifacts of Antiquity, Historic Museum Jewelry Reproductions, Museum Reproductions, Art History Replicas,
Archaeology & Museum Gifts.
Own a Piece of
History...Give a Piece of History(tm) - Established 1997
All purchases subject to the notices, policies, terms and conditions listed
in "About Us". Item
descriptions are entirely informational without any claim to
origin or manufacture. None of our products are Indian made or an Indian product under U.S.C.305et.seq. Not responsible for errors/omissions. Items are
for decorative use only. WARNING: Toys, games, and other items may
contain small parts which pose a choking hazard and are not for
children under 3. Adult supervision is recommended for all of our
items. All brand related trademarks are licensed trademarks of Museum Store Company and Arden Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved