Monomakh Cross with Pearls Pendant - Russian 13th or 14th Century, Kremlin Armory Museum, Moscow
Russian Collection - The original gold cross with pearls sits atop the Oriental Cap of Monomakh, dating back to the 13th or early 14th century. It was primarily used for special ceremonies (weddings, coronations, etc.) at the Russian court and was last used in the coronation of a czar (Peter the Great) in 1682.The Cap is lined and edged with black sable fur and is now kept in a glass case with other state crowns in the Armory Museum of the Moscow Kremlin.
1"H x .75"W Pendant on 17" Chain, Sterling Silver