3D Jewelry Printer: Mini Metal Maker: Art & Craft 3D Printer
The Museum Store Company's founder is proud to have a strong personal connection to this revolutionary device and its' visionary inventors - David and Lindsay Hartkop. Since 2014 our CEO, Jon Fetzer, has been a strategic advisor to and was the first member of Mini Metal Maker LLC's Advisor Board. In 2016 Jon and David also founded the company and patent pending technology behind eSpheric. Stay tuned as Museum Store Company will soon be featuring exclusive and unique 3D printed designs created on this revolutionary 3D Printer.
"...the World’s 1st Desktop 3D Printer for Metal." - The Motley Fool (www.fool.com) November 16th, 2013
Presenting the Mini Metal Maker
The Mini Metal Maker is a game-changer in the world of low cost 3-D printing. It gives artists an craftspeople a new tool for creating directly with solid metal. It is a powerful new tool for creating beautiful customized durable objects. It is also a valuable and accessible educational tool because the Mini Metal Maker is small, portable, and affordable.
3D Printing With Metal Clay
The Mini Metal Maker brings together the exciting worlds of 3D printing and metal clay. It is the only fully self-contained 3D printer designed specifically for metal clay materials. This 3D printer is the perfect addition to your jewelry studio or maker workshop. This printer incorporates a unique high-pressure digital extruder that is capable of starting and stopping the flow of clay rapidly enough to accomplish highly complex patterning.
The system includes an easy side loading cartridge system, and a sensor platform that provides for auto-leveling with no fuss. The cartridges allow for a variety of replacable nozzle sizes for prints of different resolution, and uses a patent pentding nozzle bath system to extend nozzle lifetime. Innovative interchangable magnetic polymer build sheets let you print and set the wet project aside to dry while you print more.
The Mini Metal Maker prints 3D objects from digital files directly in metal clay, rather than in plastic. Once these clay objects air-dry, they are fired in a kiln to produce beautiful solid metal objects of high purity and precision. Using metal clay essentially replaces the wax-casting or lost-wax process ordinarily needed to do this.
The Mini Metal Maker is the perfect tool for the jewelry artisan, artist or DIY maker. 3D printing with metal clay makes fabrication in metal easy and direct. It will be a boon for anyone interested in creating custom printing jewelry and metal ornaments. It can also be used to produce small metal parts such as gears, clips, and bushings. The Mini Metal Maker is solidly built out of steel and aluminum and features unique patent-pending technologies.
- Fused deposition modeling with wet clay material
- Build volume measures 8 x 8 x 8 cm [3.15 x 3.15 x 3.15 in]
- Layer resolution down to 150 microns
- Positioning precision XY = 10 microns, Z = 2 microns
- Uses replaceable low cost extrusion nozzles
- Nozzle life extended with magnetic nozzle bath
- Solid metal construction from machined aluminum and coated steel
- Lubrication free polymer glides in aluminum linear motion components
- Motors operate with 1.8˚ step angle with 1/16 micro stepping
- Extruder uses low backlash integrated orbital gearbox and screw for 300+ pounds force
- Nozzles available in 18 gage, 22 gage, and 26 gage for low medium and high resolution.
- Solid metal construction with machined aluminum and coated steel
- Product weight 10.5 lbs [4.8 kg]
- Product dimensions 9 in wide x 12 in deep x 19 in tall [23 cm x 30 cm x 49 cm]
- Shipping weight 15 lb [6.8 kg]
- Shipping dimensions 24 x 14 x 14 inches [61 x 36 x 36 cm]
Please note, at this time, the Mini Metal Maker is only available for purchase within the USA., and Please See MiniMetalMaker.com for further details and mention you saw this at Museum Store Company!